- All garbage must be in plastic liners strong enough to prevent rupturing or tearing. Garbage must be placed at the curb by 7 a.m. on your designated pickup day or after 5 p.m. on the day before. There will be an extra charge for more than 8 bags per week. Trash and recyclables are collected the same day as garbage. To obtain a recycling bin, call Latham Home Sanitation at 770-554-0455.
- All garbage must be brought to the driveway curb for collection, unless previously approved by the Sanitation Department. Handicapped residents or residents over the age of 65 may be granted an exception. Exception applications may be obtained from Customer Service.
- For those customers granted a collection exception, garbage containers must be put on the driveway side of the house, not to exceed 150 feet from the street and 10 feet from the back of the house. Garbage may not be placed in a fenced enclosure, carport or garage.
- Trash cans may not be larger than 35 gallons.
- No commercial or construction material is allowed on the street. The owner or contractor is responsible for the disposal of these materials.
- Tree limbs, small trees and/or shrubbery must be cut in lengths of 3 feet or less and be placed at the curb. Do not stack near any utility boxes, utility lines or meters.
- Grass clippings, leaves and small debris:
- From November 1 - April 30: will be picked up unbagged at the street.
- From May 1 - October 31: will be picked up at the street in plastic bags not weighing more than 50 pounds.
- There will be an extra charge for 10 or more bags of leaves and/or household garbage per week.
- Free mulch pick-up is available at 460 Papermill Road between the hours of 1:15 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday only (hours are subject to change May 1st - September 31st). Any questions, please contact Tommy McDaniel at 770-277-7452.
- The City does not pick up tires, batteries and paint. These items must be disposed of by owner. For disposal information, call Gwinnett Clean and Beautiful at 770-822-5187.
- Additional charges will be added to your utility bill for:
- Truckload of limbs: $50
- Appliances: $5 to $10 per item.
- The Sanitation Department works all holidays except Christmas Day. The Christmas schedule will be noted on the utility bill prior to the holiday.