Natural Gas Department
The Gas Department for the City of Lawrenceville provides natural gas service for residents of Lawrenceville and parts of Gwinnett, Rockdale and Walton counties.
- Utility Set Up
- Billing Questions
- Tapping Existing Gas Lines
- Safety Downloads
- Pilot Light Service
- Call Before You Dig
- Yellow Flags
- Natural Gas Rate Comparison Info
Contact Customer Service [770.963.2414] for information about:
- Utility Set-Up: You will need to come into City Hall to fill out the paperwork and establish a hook-up date. Click here to review the list of documents you will need to set up your utility. To find out if you are served by the City of Lawrenceville, please call customer service at 770.963.2414, or e-mail us for assistance.
- Rates: Rates change monthly based upon the market value. Please contact Customer Service for specific answers to your questions, 770.963.2414.
- Billing Questions: Please contact Utility Accounts at 770.963.2414.
For new gas line installation and gas leaks: Please contact the Gas Department directly for details, 770.963.3332.
Daytime Gas Department: 770.963.3332
Hours of Operation: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
After Hours Service or Emergency: Please contact the Lawrenceville Police Department at 770.339.2410
Click here for information on Rebates and Tax Credits for your natural gas appliances.
- Carbon Monoxide Health & Safety
- Do I have a gas leak?
- Hot Water Temperature Levels
- Gas Lines Responsibility
- Heating & Ventilation
Pilot Light Service - Hours, Fees and Other Information:
Regular Pilot Light Service Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. please call: 770.963.3332.
- Fee: $50.00 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Fee: $80.00 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Please Note: No pilot light request can be accepted after 7:00 p.m. No pilot light service can be provided on weekends or on City of Lawrenceville observed Holidays.
Every effort will be made to light all pilot light requests received by 7:00 p.m. Any pilots not lit by 9:00 p.m. will be lit the following regular business day.
Call Before You Dig:
In Georgia, dial 811. If outside Georgia, dial 1.800.282.7411.
Please contact Georgia Utilities Protection website for more information.
Download Flag Indicators for reference.
The yellow flags indicate that someone has requested the location of the natural gas line on your property. The request has not necessarily been made by the City of Lawrenceville Gas Department. Anyone in Georgia may request a utility locate by contacting the utility protection center. Once a utility locate has been requested, Georgia law requires all utilities to mark their buried facilities. A flag in your yard does not necessarily mean that we are going to dig.