The City of Lawrenceville Government offices (including City Hall’s drive-through bill pay) will be CLOSED in observance of Labor Day on Monday, September 1, 2014.
All Government offices will resume normal business hours on Tuesday, September 2nd.
*Please Note: There will be no changes to the garbage or recycling pickup schedule due to the holiday.
The City of Lawrenceville was challenged by the City of Duluth to participate in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. We passed the challenge on to the City of Suwanee, the Aurora Theatre, Gwinnett Medical center, and the Georgia Gwinnett College!
The Downtown Development Authority (DDA) will hold its monthly board meeting on the Third Floor of City Hall in the GwMA Conference Room on Monday, August 25, at 7:00pm. For a copy of the agenda, click here.
The Lawrenceville Tourism & Trade Association (LTTA) will hold its monthly board meeting at the Visitor Information Center (233 East Crogan Street) this coming Wednesday, August 27, at 7:00am. For a copy of the agenda, please click here.
Local Awards Program Recognizes Businesses and Community Leaders
LAWRENCEVILLE (METRO ATLANTA) GA – August 15, 2014
Recently, the City of Lawrenceville hosted their annual Golden Hammer Awards program, honoring local businesses for their contribution to the revitalization efforts and growth throughout the community. Ten businesses were presented with Golden Hammer Awards at the ceremony held at the 550 Trackside event facility just outside of the Lawrenceville Square.
Mark Mullin, President of the Lawrenceville Tourism & Trade Association Board noted that “we are fortunate to have a City in which our business owners take pride and continually invest in improvements, enhance the way they do business and work together to build a strong presence not only in Lawrenceville but throughout all of Gwinnett County and the metro Atlanta area. The Golden Hammer Awards provide an opportunity for the community to recognize and thank the businesses and their leaders for their dedication and hard work.”
Golden Hammer Award Recipients:
- Outstanding Commercial Downtown Project Award Winners:
- The Bench Jeweler
- Exhibit Ale
- Iron Accents
- Nancy’s Candy & Spice
- Sweet Tooth Ice Cream Café
- Outstanding Commercial City Limit Project Award Winners:
- Nash Chevrolet
- Gwinnett Medical Center – Strickland Family Medicine Center
- Outstanding New Renovation (Small Business/Organization) Award Winner:
- All Pro Carts
- Outstanding New Construction (Large Business/Organization) Award Winner:
- Georgia Gwinnett College – Allied Health & Sciences Building
- Build Up Community Winner:
- Aurora Theatre
“Downtown businesses are the heartbeat of economic development in local communities,” said Lisa Sherman, Director of Economic & Community Development for the City of Lawrenceville. “Their collective growth generates annual economic impact in Georgia equivalent to that of one KIA plant project. To celebrate them with this awards program is the least we can do for what they contribute to our community.”
The Golden Hammer Awards are an annual event hosted by the City of Lawrenceville with an open nomination process. Winners are determined based a variety of criteria as determined by the Lawrenceville Tourism & Trade Association board, which is comprised of business and residential leaders throughout the community. For more information on this event, as well as any other events taking place in Lawrenceville, go to VisitLawrenceville.com.
# # #
Marci Gross | 678.407.6651 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Lawrenceville’s Regulatory Compliance Coordinator Mike Jewell has been elected to serve as Chairman of the Georgia Municipal Association’s (GMA) Gas Section Executive Committee.
The Gas Section of the Georgia Municipal Association coordinates activities and assists municipal natural gas systems in providing efficient, safe and economical service to their consumers. The group, composed of 85 natural gas systems around the state, also provides training and training materials on topics such as the transportation, storage, production and utilization of natural gas.
“Mr. Jewell has extensive knowledge of natural gas systems and is very committed to ensuring excellence in service and safety,” said GMA Executive Director Lamar Norton. “His leadership on the Executive Committee of the Gas Section is greatly appreciated.”
Based in Atlanta, GMA is a voluntary, non-profit organization that provides legislative advocacy, educational, employee benefit and consulting services to its 521 member cities.
Media Contact: Amy Henderson, (678) 686-6226 or email@example.com
Sealed Bids for the 2015-2016 GAS LEAKAGE SURVEY project will be received at the Lawrenceville Gas Department, 18 South Clayton Street, Lawrenceville, Georgia 30046, until 10:00 A.M. September 2, 2014. The project consists of a two year bid for gas leakage survey, specifics attached. Proposals will be publicly opened and read aloud in the Gas Department. No bid may be withdrawn after the closing time for the receipt of bids.
To view the complete advertisement, click here.
Gwinnett County School Bus Driver positions currently available. Apply online at www.gcpsjobs.org or call 678-225-7670 for more information.
- Experience credit possible
- Guaranteed 6 hours per day
- Benefits available
- Good driving record required
- Training provided
Gwinnett’s County Seat ranks among top locations in North Georgia
LAWRENCEVILLE (METRO ATLANTA) GA – June 6, 2014
In a recent poll conducted by The Gwinnett Daily Post, Readers’ voted in over 70-plus categories, naming a Lawrenceville business, location or asset among their top choices 45 times. Pulling from the metro Atlanta region, the Post conducts this annual competition among its readership, ranking everything from restaurants and shops to Downtowns, Parks, Arts & Cultural venues and more.
“People are the essence of every community,” said Lisa Sherman, Director of Economic and Community Development for the City of Lawrenceville. “Visitors, residents, business owners, leaders – these are who make Lawrenceville’s success possible and the City is very grateful to all who choose to invest and participate in Gwinnett’s Capital City. Thank you for your partnership and congratulations on your success!”
From seven main categories and 69 subcategories, the City of Lawrenceville fared extremely well with readers. Businesses throughout Lawrenceville were presented with 17 First Place wins, 12 Runner Up positions, and 16 Honorable Mentions for the following categories:
- Apartment Community: First Place – The Preserve at Legacy Park
- Arts Venue OTP: Runner Up – Aurora Theatre
- Aquatic Center: Honorable Mention – Collins Hill Aquatic Center
- Auto Body Shop: First Place – Hayes
- Auto Mechanic: First Place – Firestone Lawrenceville, Honorable Mention – Hayes
- Beer Growler: Runner Up – Exhibit A(le)
- Breakfast/Brunch: First Place – Little Barn
- Burger: First Place – Local Republic, Runner Up – Five Guys Lawrenceville
- Chinese: First Place – Thai Diner Sugarloaf Mills
- Daycare Center: Honorable Mention – KidsRKids- Lawrenceville
- Dessert/Bakery: Honorable Mentions – Special Kneads & Treats, The Blue Rooster
- Dog Grooming: Honorable Mention – Pet Smart Lawrencveille
- Downtown: First Place – Lawrenceville
- Elected Official: First Place – Judy Johnson
- Festival/Fair: Honorable Mention – Rock’n Ribville
- Flower Shop: First Place – Huff’s Florist, Honorable Mention – Lovin Florist
- Gwinnett Sports Team: First Place – Gwinnett Braves
- Happy Hour: Runner Up – McCray’s Tavern
- Italian: First Place – Dominick’s
- Mall: Runner Up – Sugarloaf Mills
- Maid Service: Honorable Mention – Queen of Clean Lawrenceville
- Mexican: First Place – La Cazuela, Honorable Mention – Taqueria los Hermanos
- Movie Theater: Honorable Mentions – AMC Sugarloaf Mills & AMC Colonial 18
- Pediatrician: First Place – Gwinnett Pediatrics, Runner Up – Lawrenceville Pediatrics
- Physical Therapist: Honorable Mention – Resurgens Lawrenceville
- Pizza: First Place – Mellow Mushroom, Runner Up – Cosmo’s Little Italy Pizza
- Realtor: First Place – Winfield Realty Group, Runner Up – Linda Campbell Winfield Realty
- Retail Experience: First Place – Bass Pro Shops
- Seafood: Runner Up – Oyster Bay
- Sports Bar: Honorable Mention – Dave and Buster’s
- Steak: Runner Up – Longhorn Steakhouse Lawrenceville
- Sushi: Runners Up – Shogun Japanese Steak & Sushi Bar, Thai Diner-Sugarloaf Mills
- Wedding Venue: First Place – 550 Trackside
- Wine/Spirits: Honorable Mention – Block 178
- Workout: Honorable Mention – Gold’s Gym Lawrenceville
Come and experience Gwinnett Readers’ Choice for BEST DOWNTOWN on July 3rd at 7:30pm for Prelude, an event to celebrate our Nation’s day of Independence. The Aurora Theatre will be performing a production of South Pacific at this year’s event, with a fireworks display following the show. For more information about Prelude, to reserve a VIP table, or learn more about Gwinnett’s top restaurants and shops, make sure to VisitLawrenceville.com!
About the City of Lawrenceville:
The City of Lawrenceville is the Capital City of Gwinnett, Metro Atlanta, with a population of just over 29,000 citizens and a youthful median age of 32. Lawrenceville works to preserve its heritage while pushing ahead to ensure excellence for the future. From state-of-the-art medical, educational and governmental facilities, to thriving business, cultural, and recreational opportunities, Lawrenceville serves as home and host to individuals and families who come here from around the globe. Follow us on twitter (@CityofLville), Like us on Facebook (City of Lawrenceville) and visit us at www.lawrencevillega.org.
Marci Gross | 678.226.2639 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Gwinnett County: Holding meetings to identify needs and funding priorities for its Consolidate Plan 2015-2019
Gwinnett County invites you to participate in the identification of needs and funding priorities for its Consolidated Plan 2015-2019. Your input is also need in helping staff develop a new Analysis of Impediment to Fair Housing Choice. Eight community meetings are being held to receive public input and your participation will help make this effort successful.
For more information, please click here.