Christian Connor & The Southern Gothic to Perform On the Lawrenceville Lawn this Friday at 7pm
FREE Summer Concert Series kicks off with Country/Americana Band and Kicks 101.5
LAWRENCEVILLE (GWINNETT/METRO ATLANTA) GA – May 27, 2015
The City of Lawrenceville continues its summertime tradition of bringing the annual Summer Concert Series to downtown Lawrenceville. This Friday at 7PM, the Concert Series kicks off with Kicks 101.5 and Connor Christian & The Southern Gothic – a popular Country/Americana band performing on Lawrenceville’s newest event venue, the Lawrenceville Lawn, just one block from the Downtown Square. Attracting between 3,000 – 5,000 attendees, these FREE summer concerts provide live Friday night entertainment at the end of each month, all summer long.
With something for every musical palate, the concerts will feature a variety of genres for visitors to enjoy under the stars on the Lawrenceville Lawn. Come early… Bring a picnic dinner, discover a new favorite food truck meal, or have dinner at one of the incredible restaurants on the Square, then enjoy the short 1-block walk down to the Lawn before the music begins!
“Lawrenceville’s Summer Concert Series provide families in and around the area with a free outdoor activity to enjoy while also having the opportunity to see what’s new around the Lawrenceville Square,” said Mayor Judy Jordan Johnson. “With new shops, events, and restaurants, there’s always something to see or do in Lawrenceville.”
This popular concert series takes place on the last Friday of each month from May to September on the Lawrenceville Lawn. Concert times are listed below and there’s plenty of free parking throughout the Downtown District. Feel free to bring lawn chairs or blankets but please note that no grills or open flames will be allowed in the park. Beer and wine will be available for purchase during the concert and we love your pets, but please leave them at home.
2015 Summer Concert Series partners include Kicks 101.5, ROCK100.5, and Budweiser, along with silver sponsors, McCray’s Tavern and Golomb&Golomb, bronze sponsors, 5th/3rd Bank, Art Thou Signs, Blue Rooster Bake Shop, Peach State Federal Credit Union, Prep ATL and Universal Windows Direct of Atlanta.
While the outdoor concerts are FREE events, VIP tables for 6 are still available for $65 and sponsorships starting at $500 are available by calling the Visitor’s Center at 678.226.2639.
2015 SUMMER CONCERT SERIES LINEUP
- May 29 – Connor Christian & Southern Gothic, opening acts @ 7pm
- Country, Rock and Americana
- Sponsored by Kicks 101.5
- June 26 – Abbey Road LIVE! @ 8pm
- Beatles Tribute Band
- July 31 – The Daniel Lee Band @ 8pm
- Southern, Country Rock
- August 28 – Shawn Mullins @ 8pm
- Acoustic, Folk Rock, Americana
- September 25 – Reuben’s Bell, opening acts @ 7pm
- Southern Rock with a modern twist
- Sponsored by ROCK 100.5
210 Luckie Street
Lawrenceville, GA 30046
For more information about the Summer Concert Series and other events happening in Lawrenceville, call 678.226.2639 or visit us at LawrencevilleGa.org or on Facebook.com/CityofLawrenceville for the latest updates.
Marci Gross | 678.407.6651 | Marci.Gross@LawrencevilleGa.org
Lawrenceville’s Event Policy and Application Process Underway
Application Window for All 2016 Events Open Until July 6, 2015
The Lawrenceville City Council approved a new Special Event Policy and Application process for all events taking place in 2015 and beyond. The new policy is currently in effect for any of the following requests:
- Use of the Lawrenceville Lawn
- Road closures due to rental of the Historic Gwinnett County Courthouse Grounds
- Pre-Approved Parade Routes, 5K or 10K Run/Walk Events
For ALL events occurring in 2016:
- Applications will be accepted during the dates of May 1 – July 6, 2015.
- Event organizers will be contacted regarding application status by August 4, 2015.
- This will be the standard application window for all subsequent years going forward.
Please note: Submission of an application does not constitute or guarantee approval. Applications are reviewed in accordance with the Policy and the City will notify event organizers regarding their application status by the date specified above.
Once the City’s event calendar for the designated time frame has been established, no events will be added or road closures granted. When the next application window opens, events will be accepted for the following calendar year.
The Special Event Policy and Event Applications for 2015 can be found atwww.LawrencevilleGa.org or by clicking the links below:
For additional information about special events, contact Marci Gross at Events@LawrencevilleGa.org or 678.407.6651.
Lawrenceville Announces Movies on the Lawn
New Summer Series Brings Family-Friendly Movies to Local City Park
LAWRENCEVILLE (GWINNETT/METRO ATLANTA) GA – April 28, 2015
TheCity of Lawrenceville announces a new addition to the annual lineup of free community events and activities for families: Movies on the Lawn. Bring the family to Downtown Lawrenceville on the 2nd Friday of the month, June thru August, and enjoy making memories under the stars on the Lawrenceville Lawn. Come early… Bring a picnic dinner, discover a new favorite food truck meal, or have dinner at one of the incredible restaurants on the Square, then enjoy the short 1-block walk down to the Lawn before the movie begins!
Lawrenceville’s FREE movie nights will take place on the Lawrenceville Lawn beginning at 8pm. Feel free to bring lawn chairs or blankets but please note that no grills or open flames will be allowed in the park. And we love your pets, but please leave them at home.
The Lawrenceville Lawn is located @ 210 Luckie Street in Downtown Lawrenceville.
City builds on Community Activities throughout Downtown District
LAWRENCEVILLE (GWINNETT/METRO ATLANTA) GA – March 6, 2015
The City of Lawrenceville announces the schedule of community events for 2015, listing all of the City-sponsored activities happening in the Historic Downtown District. Lawrenceville will continue its annual tradition of bringing hometown favorite events to the Lawrenceville Square but will also feature some new events as well.
Mayor Judy Jordan Johnson said “We are excited to be able to host these events throughout the year for people to enjoy and provide the framework for creating memories with friends and family in the process. Being able to generate a sense of community among residents and visitors alike is Lawrenceville’s focus and prides itself in hosting these events year after year.”
An overview of 2015 events and community activities:
- The Lawrenceville Square comes alive with street performers, local musicians, local business activities and holiday themed celebrations.
- The first Friday of each month, June-December on the Historic Square.
Movies on the Lawn
- Enjoy movies on the Lawrenceville Lawn with concessions provided by local vendors and restaurants.
- The 2nd Friday of each month, June-August on the Lawrenceville Lawn.
Summer Concerts Series
- Long summer evenings filled with great music, a variety of food and beverage options, and a few thousand of your closest friends spread among the Lawrenceville Lawn.
- The last Friday of each month, May-September on the Lawrenceville Lawn.
Arts Fest Gwinnett
- The Lawn will be filled with the sights and sounds of amazing art! Peruse original pieces by local artists, listen to soothing jazz musicians playing throughout the day, and make sure you catch the fine art performances as well.
- July 11th on the Lawrenceville Lawn.
Prelude to the 4th
- A complimentary outdoor Broadway show performed by Gwinnett’s only professional theatre, the Aurora Theatre, and an evening that concludes with a spectacular fireworks finale.
- July 3rd on the Lawrenceville Lawn.
- The best BBQ, brew, and bands in Georgia! Partnering with 94.9 The Bull, and serving as a Kansas City Barbeque Society sanctioned competition, Lawrenceville’s signature event provides a day of food, music, and family fun.
- October 10th on the Lawrenceville Lawn.
Annual Lighting of the Tree
- Partnering with Gwinnett County Parks and Recreation, Lawrenceville will host thousands of visitors for the 28th annual tree lighting on Thanksgiving night at the Gwinnett Historic Courthouse.
- Festivities will include visits with Santa Claus, live music, kids’ activities, and food vendors offering sweet treats and warm beverages.
- Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 26th at the Gwinnett Historic Courthouse located at 185 Crogan Street, Historic Downtown Lawrenceville.
New Year’s Eve Celebration
- Celebrate New Year’s Eve on the Lawrenceville Square with a night full of fun and fireworks.
- December 31st at the Gwinnett Historic Courthouse.
To find out the latest news and updates for Rock’n Ribville and all of the Lawrenceville events at: Facebook.com/CityofLawrenceville. You can also call 678.226.2639 or visit www.LawrencevilleGa.org to learn more about this and other activities happening in the City.
For Immediate Release from the Lawrenceville Police Department:
The annual tax preparation season is often fraught with scams, tricks, and frauds. The Lawrenceville Police Department is aware of an increase in a particular type of fraud, and warns the public to become increasingly aware of attempts to steal identity and the filing of false tax returns.
The Lawrenceville Police Department has become aware of, and is actively investigating a flurry of fraud and identity theft cases involving the use of Green Dot® pre-paid credit cards. Citizens are receiving personalized Green Dot® Visa® or Master Cards® in the mail – cards they did not order or authorize. The investigation reveals fraudsters are applying for the cards using personal information of the victim. A temporary account is opened, which the fraudsters can use to apply for and receive tax returns in the victim’s name. By the time the victim receives the personalized card in the mail, the damage is often already done.
Lawrenceville Police investigator Sgt. Brad Grove states, “Personnel from Green Dot® are cooperating fully with the investigation; however, complex and sophisticated methods used by some fraudsters may make the crime difficult to solve.” Police Chief Randy Johnson states, “We are committed to fully investigate these cases, and we are reaching out to our federal law enforcement colleagues for collaboration and cooperation.”
Citizens are strongly encouraged to check mail carefully. “What may seem like junk mail could be your first indication you have become the victim of identity fraud,” said Sgt. Grove.
Any citizen who finds suspected identity fraud is encouraged to contact local law enforcement to file a report.
Media Contact: CPT Jeff Smith – (770) 670-5005 – email@example.com
Released: 02 April 2015
Chief Randy Johnson and Officer David Russell Honored for their Public Service
Lawrenceville, Ga – March 26, 2015 – The City of Lawrenceville congratulates Chief of Police Randy Johnson and Officer David Russell on being recipients of this year’s VALOR Awards, a Public Service Awards Program hosted by the Gwinnett Chamber.
Chief Johnson received VALOR’s Public Service Leadership Award for his dedication and influential service to impact and support a stronger, safer local community. Officer Russell received the Silver Medal of Valor Award for his exemplary act of bravery in the line of duty.
Mayor Judy Johnson attended the awards program along with Council Members Bob Clark, Tony Powell and Keith Roche. Mayor Johnson said, “Lawrenceville is privileged to have such exemplary leaders on our Police force. Their daily dedication to protect and serve enables residents to enjoy a safe community and we congratulate both of these men on their recognition today.”
The VALOR Awards program is led by a steering committee comprising public service representatives from across Gwinnett’s Cities, the County and the Chamber. Lieutnant Ryan Morgan serves as Lawrenceville’s representative on this committee. For more information on the Lawrenceville Police Department, please visit www.lawrencevillepd.com and view photos from today’s program on the City of Lawrenceville’s facebook page.
PUBLIC NOTICE OF QUALIFICATION FEES FOR MUNICIPAL ELECTION - CITY OF LAWRENCEVILLE
Notice is hereby given for a municipal election at the Lawrenceville City Hall, 70 South Clayton Street, Lawrenceville, Georgia on Tuesday, November 3, 2015, to elect a Mayor and two (2) members of the City Council. The Council posts for this election are currently occupied by Mayor Judy Jordan Johnson and Council Members Marie Beiser and Tony Powell. Candidates must pay to the City a qualifying fee of $288.00 for the office of Mayor or $216.00 for the office of City Council Member. This notice is given pursuant to O.C.G.A. § 21-2-131, this 6th day of January 2015.
The City’s Recycling Program no longer accepts glass. Please dispose of it with your regular garbage.
For recycling service and information, please call HOME SANITATION at (770)554-0455.
Just as a reminder, the City accepts the following products for recycling:
1) Newspaper, catalogs, phone books, magazines, all paper.
2) Aluminum, bimetal and tin cans, aluminum pie pans and foil.
3) Cereal and laundry detergent boxes; six (6) and twelve (12) pack beverage boxes; shoe boxes; cardboard boxes.
4) All colors of plastic containers including milk jugs and laundry bottles.
We have been made aware of several businesses in the Lawrenceville area that have been targeted in a new financial scam.
Someone claiming to be from the City of Lawrenceville has been calling businesses stating that they owed money for their utility bill and needed to make a payment at a third party location to prevent services from being disconnected.
Please rest assured that no one from the City will ever initiate phone calls asking for bill payments to a third party. Any payments made to the City should only be made through our secure website at www.LawrencevilleGa.org or paid in person at City Hall.
If you have any questions or experience a similar situation, please call City Hall at 770-963-2414.
The City of Lawrenceville was challenged by the City of Duluth to participate in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. We passed the challenge on to the City of Suwanee, the Aurora Theatre, Gwinnett Medical center, and the Georgia Gwinnett College!