- All garbage must be in plastic liners strong enough to prevent rupturing or tearing. Garbage must be placed at the curb by 7 a.m. on your designated pickup day or after 5 p.m. on the day before. There will be an extra charge for more than 8 bags per week. Trash and recyclables are collected the same day as garbage. To obtain a recycling bin, call Latham Home Sanitation at 770.554.0455.
- All garbage must be brought to the driveway curb for collection, unless previously approved by the Sanitation Department. (Handicapped residents or residents over the age of 65 may be granted an exception. Exception applications may be obtained from Customer Service.)
- For those customers granted a collection exception, garbage containers must be put on the driveway side of the house, not to exceed 150 feet from the street and ten (10) feet from the back of the house. Garbage may not be placed in a fenced enclosure, carport or garage.
- Trash cans may not be larger than 35 gallons.
- No commercial or construction material is allowed on the street. The owner or contractor is responsible for the disposal of these materials.
- Tree limbs, small trees and/or shrubbery must be cut in lengths of three (3) feet or less and be placed at the curb. Do not stack near any utility boxes, utility lines or meters.
- Grass clippings, leaves and small debris:
- From November 1 - April 30: will be picked up unbagged at the street.
- From May 1 - October 31: will be picked up at the street in plastic bags not weighing more than 25 pounds. Place bags in the pile with your household garbage for pick up on your collection day.
- There will be an extra charge for nine (9) or more bags of leaves and/or household garbage per week.
- Free mulch pick-up is available at 610 Papermill Road between the hours of 1:00 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday only (hours are subject to change May 1 - September 30). Any questions, please contact the Sanitation Department at 770.277.7531.
- The City does not pick up tires, batteries or paint. The owner is responsible for the disposal of these items. For disposal information, call Gwinnett Clean and Beautiful at 770.822.5187.
- Additional charges will be added to your utility bill for:
- Truckload of limbs: $50.00 for full truck load or $25.00 for 1/2 truck load.
- Appliances: $5.00 to $10.00 per item.
The Sanitation Department is closed the following holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
For weeks containing a holiday, the delay of service will be as follows: Whatever day of the week the holiday falls on, that day and all subsequent days of that week will have trash pick-up delayed one (1) day. Recycling pick-up follows the same schedule as trash pick-up. Please contact Customer Service at email@example.com or (678) 407-6675 with any questions.