Planning & Development
Zoning Ordinance Draft as of November 25, 2019
The City of Lawrenceville is in the final stages of rewriting the Zoning Ordinance. The Zoning Ordinance contains local regulations concerning the use and development of land and buildings, including zoning. The purpose and intent of the rewrite is to create an ordinance that preserves, protects, and promotes the public health, safety and general welfare of the residents and businesses in the City. Goals for the rewrite of the Zoning Ordinance were:
- Consistency with the Comprehensive Plan
- Simple to implement/enforce
- Accessible to the public
- Easy to understand
The amendment to the Zoning Ordinance may affect property owners within the City limits. Interested parties are encouraged to attend the public hearings. There will be legal notices published in the newspaper and on the website under Agendas & Minutes.
View the Zoning Ordinance Draft 2019.
Areas of Responsibility
- Alcohol Licenses - The Department issues permits for alcohol consumption on premises at eating establishments as well as retail sales.
- Building Inspections - The Department is responsible for inspection of commercial and residential building activity; including new construction,
- Business Licenses - The Department issues all types of business licenses and collects occupation taxes.
- Code Enforcement - The Department enforces the City’s Ordinances, Zoning Codes, and Property Maintenance Codes.
- Comprehensive Planning - Development, maintenance, and implementation of the City’s long-range Comprehensive Plan.
- Development Services - The Department is responsible for review, approval and permitting of all land development projects.
- Zoning Administration - The Department administers the City’s Zoning Ordinance to ensure land use compatibility and as a tool in implementing the Comprehensive Plan.