Planning & Development
Thank you for visiting our page. We are currently working on updating information and links. Please contact our department directly to confirm accuracy of information at 678.407.6583. As a reminder, the 2020 Zoning Ordinance was approved in May 2020, therefore, all developments and permits have to conform to the new regulations.
PLEASE NOTE: All outdoor holiday décor should be removed from residences and businesses within the City of Lawrenceville limits by January 31st.
The Planning and Development Department is responsible for providing information and processing applications in land use,
City of Lawrenceville 2020 Zoning Ordinance
Adopted May 2020
The City of Lawrenceville adopted the new Zoning Ordinance on May 20, 2020. The Zoning Ordinance contains local regulations concerning the use and development of land and buildings, including zoning. The purpose and intent of the rewrite is to create an ordinance that preserves, protects, and promotes the public health, safety and general welfare of the residents and businesses in the City. Goals for the rewrite of the Zoning Ordinance were:
- Consistency with the Comprehensive Plan
- Simple to implement/enforce
- Accessible to the public
- Easy to understand
Areas of Responsibility
- Building Inspections - The Department is responsible for inspection of commercial and residential building activity; including new construction, rehabilitation and remodeling.
- Code Enforcement - The Department enforces the City’s Ordinances, Zoning Codes, and Property Maintenance Codes.
- Comprehensive Planning - Development, maintenance, and implementation of the City’s long-range Comprehensive Plan.
- Development Services - The Department is responsible for review, approval and permitting of all land development projects.
- Zoning Administration - The Department administers the City’s Zoning Ordinance to ensure land use compatibility and as a tool in implementing the Comprehensive Plan.