Planning & Development
The Planning and Development Department is responsible for providing information and process applications in land use,
development and building issues. This would include creating Master Plans, creating and amending ordinances, rezonings, special use permits, variances, development permits, building permits, site inspections, building inspections, certificate of occupancies and zoning code compliance.
Areas of Responsibility
- Alcohol Licenses - The Department issues permits for alcohol consumption on premises at eating establishments as well as retail sales.
- Building Inspections - The Department is responsible for inspection of commercial and residential building activity; including new construction,
- Business Licenses - The Department issues all types of business licenses and collects occupation taxes.
- Code Enforcement - The Department enforces the City’s Ordinances, Zoning Codes, and Property Maintenance Codes.
- Comprehensive Planning - Development, maintenance, and implementation of the City’s long-range Comprehensive Plan.
- Development Services - The Department is responsible for review, approval and permitting of all land development projects.
- Zoning Administration - The Department administers the City’s Zoning Ordinance to ensure land use compatibility and as a tool in implementing the Comprehensive Plan.