- Financial Services
- Business Licensing
In order to be eligible for a business license, the property must be located within the Lawrenceville city limits. A Lawrenceville mailing address does not ensure the property is within the city limits.
- View the City of Lawrenceville boundaries.
All businesses within the City of Lawrenceville must have a current Business License/Occupational Tax Certificate. For questions, please email Occupation Tax Staff or Phone: 678-407-6401.
Business License/Occupation Tax Renewals
The City of Lawrenceville appreciates your decision to operate your business in Lawrenceville and we hope you continue to select Lawrenceville in future years. To process the Occupation Tax forms, please complete the appropriate application and required forms and remit payment. See Quick Links below for a link to Business License Renewals for General Business and for Professionals.
- General Business License Renewal Form
- Use this form for businesses such as retail, warehouse, service, or non-professional in nature. The renewal notice Fee Type will indicate “Business License” or provide the regulated business type.
- Professional Corporation Renewal Form
- Use this form for businesses that are professional in nature (Doctor, Dentist, Architect, etc), if the business is an LLC, LLP, Inc., or any other type of corporation. The renewal notice Fee Type will indicate “Professional Corporation.”
- Professional Renewal Form
- Use this form for businesses that are professional in nature (Doctor, Dentist, Architect, etc); however, the business is not a corporation. The renewal notice Fee Type will indicate “Professional”.
- Insurance Renewal Form
- Use this form if you are an insurance company remitting your annual fee.
- Outdoor Dining Right-of-Way Restaurant Operations License Form
- Use this form for restaurants looking to provide outdoor dining in the right-of-way. This link includes the application and agreement for the license.
- All licenses expire yearly on December 31.
- Failure to receive renewal does not exempt the business from making payment by the due date.
- Renewal fees must be paid separately from utility account payments.
To close a business, please notify the Business License at City Hall in writing or via email at Occupation Tax Office.