Land Disturbance / Development
The City of Lawrenceville Planning and Development Department is responsible for maintaining and ensuring compliance with the rule and regulations pertaining to land development within the city limits.
- Depending on the scope of work, each submittal may be subject to the review and approval of the various departments or sections of the City of Lawrenceville.
- Comments will be returned to the applicant on file, along with an outline of any additional agency approvals required such as:
- The City is not responsible for the transfer of information relating to:
- If necessary, proof of approval will be required from the above.
Water and Sewer Mains
Gwinnett County Department of Planning and Development Water and Sewer Plan Review Section is responsible for the review and approval of all water and sewer mains and facilities for developer-installed projects within the city limits of Lawrenceville. All applications that include the proposed installation of water and sewer mains and facilities within the city limits shall be reviewed and approved by Gwinnett County prior to the issuance of a development permit.
Once all comments have been addressed, submit to the Planning & Development Department:
The Department will route the plans to the appropriate City departments for re-review.
Once approved by all required departments, the submitter will be notified that the permit is ready to be issued.
- Permits will only be issued to state licensed General Contractors.
Prior to the commencement of any land disturbance activity, a pre-construction meeting must take place between the Contractor and Engineering Inspector. It is the responsibility of the applicant to contact the department to set up a meeting.
- Email Planning & Development with the case number as the subject line.
All submitted plans must be drawn to a standard scale and must be accurate.
For the permit application, please visit Forms & Applications.