The Criminal Investigations Division serves as the main investigative branch of the Police Department. Criminal investigations follow the following timeline:
- Detectives assigned to the division conduct follow-up investigations for criminal cases and respond to crime scenes when requested.
- Each case is reviewed for solvability factors by a supervisor and assigned to a Detective for follow-up based on the type of crime.
- Investigations consist of interviewing suspects, victims, and witnesses.
- Information is analyzed for validity, reliability, and accuracy
- A comprehensive and factual case file is compiled and presented in court.
If you have questions regarding the status of your case, please contact us directly.