Downtown Construction Updates & Road Closures
Lawrenceville Lawn Renovations - 2020
The Lawrenceville Lawn is currently undergoing a full renovation to add a 40’ x 60" permanent amphitheater, arbor shades for tables, additional bathrooms and public parking. It is scheduled for completion in December 2020.
The Lawrence Hotel and City Parking Deck Construction - 2020
The City of Lawrenceville is building a fabulous, heritage-style boutique hotel near the Lawrenceville Lawn. The project, called "The Lawrence," incorporates a 120-room boutique hotel branded under the Tapestry Collection by Hilton; a 5,000-square-foot conference center, restaurant and patio bar; as well as an attached, 380-space public parking deck. The hotel is expected to be complete by 2022 and the parking deck by late 2020.
Important Information Regarding Downtown Construction and Road/Lane Closures
As work continues on the Lawrenceville Performing Arts Center (LPAC), certain lane or road closures may be needed from time to time to effectively complete this project. The LPAC is slated for completion in spring 2021 and we are looking forward to the foot traffic it will bring to Downtown once it has been built. We will continue post essential lane/road closures here in order to keep our community safe and informed.
LIVE from the SouthLawn Project
Follow the progress as Lawrenceville moves forward to realize Gwinnett’s largest redevelopment project, the SouthLawn! Located in the heart of Downtown, the SouthLawn project is underway, preparing to bring 600 plus residential units,15,000 square feet of retail and compliment the Lawrenceville Lawn and Historic Downtown Square!
Through the latest in technology and with compliments from development partners, Novare Group, citizens and visitors can watch the progress of this exciting venture through live feed online.
Click HERE for Sales and Leasing Contact Information
for SouthLawn and City View Properties.
Summer Sidewalk Project
The City of Lawrenceville will work throughout the coming year to fill in sidewalk gaps to support a more walkable pedestrian-friendly community. The following list provides information on where the first of these projects will occur.
- Five Forks Trickum/Stone Mountain Street (Nash Street to Sugarloaf Parkway) – Construction Summer 2020
- Paper Mill Road Pedestrian Safety (McCart to Springlake) – Construction late 2020
- Georgia Gwinnett College Corridor Phase 2 (Depot area to SR316) – Construction started
- Nash Street (Constitution Boulevard to Gwinnett Drive) – Construction started
- South Clayton Street (Bicentennial Park to Seminary Street) – Construction started
- East Pike Street (Crogan Street to Peach State Credit Union) – Construction complete
- Pike Street (Langley Drive to Hurricane Shoals) – Construction 2021
- Culver Street (from Pike Street to Oak Street) – Construction Fall 2020
- Oak Street (Perry Street to Culver Street) – Construction Fall 2020
- Parking Lot (Nash Street at Clayton Street) - Construction Fall 2020
City of Lawrenceville Announces Resurfacing Projects
Fifteen City streets Resurfaced in 2019.
The list of streets below, all located within the City of Lawrenceville, were resurfaced in 2019. The City of Lawrenceville is pleased to be able to complete these resurfacing projects within the City in order to enhance neighborhoods, improve commute time, and provide an overall improvement to the appearance and functionality of our City.
Resurfacing Projects Completed
- Alba Boulevard
- Paper Creek Drive
- Paper Mill Drive
- Paper Ridge Court
- Paper Ridge Lane
- Paper Stream Court
- Paper Woods Drive
- Radio Court
- Springlake Drive
- Tower Place
- Camden Park Drive
- Cotton Cove Way
- Wood Leaf Court
- Old Towne Circle
- Windsor Circle
Resurfacing Projects Slated for 2020
- Culver Street
- Oak Street
- Pike Street