Street & Sanitation
The Sanitation Department, operating within the city limits of Lawrenceville, collects all residential and most of the commercial solid waste. Contact the City of Lawrenceville Sanitation Department to determine your collection day or to request additional information please call 770-277-7531.
Contact Customer Service for information regarding:
- Utility Set-Up: An in-person visit to City Hall (70 S. Clayton St.) to fill out the paperwork and establish a hook-up date is required. Visit our Utility Setup page to review the list of documents you will need to set up your utility.
- Rates: Please contact Customer Service for specific answers to your questions, 678-407-6675.
- Billing Questions: Please contact Utility Accounts at 678-407-6675 with all billing questions.
Important Sanitation Department Information
- Businesses may purchase an 8-yard front-load dumpster through the City.
- Handicapped residents and individuals over 65 may apply for a Collection Exception, which permits garbage to be collected from the side of the house.
- Free mulch is available on Wednesday from 1:15 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at:
460 Papermill Road, Lawrenceville, GA 30046
- Call 770-277-7531 to obtain a Collection Application.
- If you do not reside within the city limits, please contact Gwinnett County Sanitation for garbage and recycling collection providers.
In addition to garbage collection, you may also contact the Street Department for assistance with the following:
- Pot Holes
- Street Maintenance
- Street Signs
The City of Lawrenceville offers complimentary leaf pick-up service to customers located in our current Lawrenceville Sanitation service area. Leaf pick-up is automatic and does not need to be scheduled. Leaf service will begin on November 1, 2019 and will continue through April 1, 2020. The service is not available to others outside the current service area.
Holiday Sanitation Schedule
The City of Lawrenceville Sanitation Department is closed on the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
For weeks containing a holiday, the delay of service will be as follows: Whatever day of the week the holiday falls on, that day and all subsequent days of that week will have trash pick up delayed by 1 day. Recycling pick-up will remain on the same schedule and will be picked up on holidays. Please email Customer Service or call 678-407-6675 with any questions. Thank you.
The City’s Street Services include everything from ongoing maintenance to improvement projects. We encourage citizens to be mindful of improvements that should be made. If you see something, say something - from a pothole to a broken brick or needed landscape maintenance. Here’s where to report your concern.