Interested in opening a business in the City of Lawrenceville?
Follow the steps below to open your business.
Check the zoning map (PDF) to see if your business is permitted in the zoning district (location) you are considering. This can be confirmed by emailing Planning & Development.
If it is NOT permitted:
- The Planning Department will notify you of which zoning districts allow your use (occupation).
If it IS permitted:
Complete the required documentation.
- Fill out a building permit application for a Tenant Name Change.
- This must be approved before you proceed.
- Request a Certificate of Occupancy from the City of Lawrenceville and Gwinnett County.
- Submit an Occupational Tax Certificate Application to Financial Services or email Occupational Tax.
Pay for the Occupational Tax Certificate. View the Occupational Tax rate table (PDF) for fees.
Step 4 (For Restaurants)
If your business will be serving alcohol, an Alcohol License Application (PDF) must be submitted and approved before serving alcohol.
Congratulations! You may open for business.