The City of Lawrenceville is excited to partner with Polco to implement a citywide survey and provide a platform for resident engagement.
We need to hear from as many residents as possible to ensure your voices drive policy. Getting input from a wide array of residents will help us understand our strengths and areas for improvement and ensure that we understand the values of our community. It will let us be sure that we are representing our neighbors in the large and small decisions we make about programs, policies and strategic plans.
A few things about completing the survey on Polco:
- Polco allows the City to reach out to residents through different communication channels (social media, email, websites, etc.) while gathering resident responses in one central location.
- Polco keeps individual opinions anonymous to the City, while allowing City staff to see broad demographic and geographic breakdowns.
- When the survey closes, results will be presented online in interactive charts and tables.
- We will ask you to provide an email address and zip code to submit the survey, this ensures one response per person and allows us to follow up with future research, while keeping your responses anonymous to us, and ensuring your privacy.
We hope that, by providing this quick and simple input process, we will hear from more people in our community and from people from varied backgrounds, who have different experiences and interests.
You can respond to the survey here https://polco.us/lawrenceville23open (English) and https://polco.us/lawrenceville23opsp (Spanish).
Also please share the URL and encourage your friends and neighbors to participate as well!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What does Polco do with my personal information (email and ZIP code)? Why am I asked for it? Why do I have to create an account?
- Polco uses your ZIP code and email address to verify your residency. With verified respondents, we can reduce the risk of one person answering many times. By entering your email address, you can create an account and find out when we post a new question on Polco.
- What is Polco? Why isn’t this polling done by the local government?
- Polco is a private company that helps residents give input to their local governments to better inform policy decisions. Using Polco saves the local government money by replacing older, more expensive methods of getting input. It saves staff from having to build and maintain online engagement tools or manage multiple input channels. The app and the website let a broader range of people give public input, and they protect respondents’ privacy. Your personal information is never shared with anyone, not even your local government.
- Why am I receiving weekly emails?
- If we have posted a question on Polco within the past 30 days and you have not answered it, you will receive a weekly email. You can opt out of these emails at any time.
- I no longer want to receive emails. How do I stop them from coming?
- At the bottom of each email is a link to stop receiving messages. Simply click the link and follow the instructions to unsubscribe.
- Why did I receive a question from groups that aren’t my municipal or county government?
- Polco helps build and sustain a healthy dialogue about public policy in our communities. While most questions posted on Polco are from local governments and elected officials, a few other agencies might also use Polco: news organizations, school or special districts, universities and nonprofits. If your city overlaps boundaries with any of these entities, you can choose to subscribe to get their questions too. You will not receive those questions without your consent.