What happens to my Stormwater utility bill when I am no longer the property owner?

On the date of a closure, the closing attorney generates a Property Transfer form (PT-61) that is filed with the deed for the change of ownership. The closing attorney has 90 days to file this paperwork. The state receives the paperwork and sends it out to the Stormwater utility, the Tax Assessor, and any other parties who subscribe to the forms. Once the Stormwater utility receives notification of the transfer, Billing Staff will close the account under the old owner's name and begin an account in the new owner's name. A prorated final bill (based on the closing date) will be mailed to the previous owner, and a prorated first bill will be mailed to the new owner with the next billing cycle.

Show All Answers

1. What is the Stormwater Fee?
2. How are the fees calculated?
3. What is Stormwater and why does it need to be managed?
4. Why do I have to pay a Stormwater utility fee?
5. What services are funded by money collected from the Stormwater utility fee?
6. How is the Stormwater utility fee different from a tax?
7. Who pays the fee?
8. Why isn't the Stormwater utility fee just included on my monthly water bill?
9. What happens to my Stormwater utility bill when I am no longer the property owner?
10. Do other cities have Stormwater user fees?
11. Is gravel considered impervious surface?
12. I think my bill may be calculated too high, what should I do?
13. How can I apply for a utility fee credit?
14. My property has drainage problems. How will the utility help me?
15. I saw someone dump something into a storm drain. Who do I call?
16. My storm drain is clogged. Who do I call?